Friday, September 1, 2017

On the road again

A new trip means a new travel blog.

I was going to be lazy this time, particularly since my new MacBook Pro has a nasty and perverse keyboard which does not allow my fingers to fly across the keys as they always have done. Instead, it cramps my fluid style by sticking and refusing to make spaces. It is generally considerably more effort than any keyboard I have ever encountered. Frankly, I hate it.

We have taken the laptop back to the Mac store and the Mac boys have tested it. It works for them. My suspicion is that the new generation have recalibrated keys to suit their own style of keyboarding which is one which uses flat hands rather than the high touch of the old touch typists of the typewriter era. They are out-moding the previous generation, the little shits.

So many friends, however, presumed, assumed, requested and generally reminded me that I should keep blogging that - here we are. In a more leisurely style.

The name, US Sa Today was among the flood of punny and inspired blog name suggestions from my classy Facebook Friends last year - and it really is too good not to use.

This is not a massive road trip as for SaTrekBlog.blogspot.com

This is a trip planned around the great event of the 2017 Solar Eclipse in the USA.

It also has gained a secondary raison d'etre in the wedding of Bruce's daughter Cathy Blackwell to Dan Haga in Maryland.

And, it has a third mission which is my personal need to see my lifelong eye-makers in Germany on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment